Professional Grade Image Sharpening for Archive, Print and Web – New for 2018.
Total Download Size: 5.95Gb
58 Videos in .mp4 format
Total Runtime: 11 Hours 10 mins
Also includes Exercise Files, Photoshop Actions and a dedicated Lightroom Catalog
(expected download time @1.8MB/sec connection: 51 minutes, and under 20 minutes on 100MB Virgin)
Digital image sharpening is one of those things that a lot of people seem to treat with a little bit of disdain.
They imagine that because the likes of Adobe Lightroom place it near the bottom of the workflow staging, it is somehow less important than other steps in the workflow process.
Processing an image and then simply adding sharpening to it can only get you so far before you “over-cook” things, and most people understand that too much sharpening results in visible, and highly undesirable artifacts – halos and noise.
Digital image sharpening comes in three basic flavors:
But the story does not begin with sharpening, because quite often, the unsharpened image has bad artifacts in it already, and the sharpening process just exacerbates these and gives disappointing results.
In some of the videos you will see me easily demonstrate how the demosaicing algorithm used by your raw file processor can actually create undesirable artifacts in your image before you go anywhere near it with any sharpening!
Within the contents of this training title, you will find all the information and knowledge you require to transform your approach to digital image sharpening, and thus transform the quality of your image output for either print or the web.
Sharpening and noise are two sides of the same coin, and applying sharpening in a conventional manner actually sharpens BOTH. This may not bother you if all you do is post small images to Facebook, Flickr, Instagram etc, but if you want to create full-sized images for archive, stock or print, then this approach will lead to problems with visible noise in your images.
Sharpening in a professional manner is a case of targeted, or differential sharpening.
We will look at the benefits (and pitfalls) of Lightroom, explore some basic (and superior to Lightroom) sharpening and processing in Raw Therapee (which is FREE to everyone), and experience the massive superiority and power of Adobe Photoshop when it comes to the delivery of differential sharpening and noise reduction.
Full list of Video Lessons:
You do NOT require any fancy plugins for either sharpening or noise control – everything you could possibly need to produce professional grade sharpening (and noise reduction) is already contained inside Photoshop.
You will learn everything you need to know about capture/input, creative and output sharpening, plus some very important and powerful Photoshop procedures, such as the importance of the ‘Blend If’ sliders, and Edge Masking to control both types of sharpening halos.
And you will learn all about the misunderstood and underused operation of Deconvolution Capture Sharpening, especially the iterative RL Deconvolution available in Raw Therapee.
This training has taken 10 weeks to produce, with high quality Audacity audio, and customized video compression that preserves the most accurate rendition of my workflow as possible while keeping video file sizes acceptable.
But you buy training for its content, and the content in this training WILL have a huge impact on your image processing.
Another happy customer said:
Having watched these videos, I now have a much better understanding and greater knowledge base of (1) how my camera captures images and produces RAW files & (2) the digital workflow necessary to produce high quality output images from them – all done through an in-depth study of “professional grade image sharpening”.
I would recommend that anyone who wants to produce the highest quality output images from their RAW files should purchase this set of ‘Professional Grade Image Sharpening for Archive, Print and Web” training videos.
“Why?” I hear you ask. The answer is simple – “you can’t afford not to!”.
· The author is an expert in his craft.
· The subject matter is built up from the basics, step by step, but always by developing your understanding (not merely by throwing procedures at you).
· You get a fully comprehensive training on ALL aspects of sharpening – why we need to do it, what influences the amount of sharpening we have to do, different methodologies for different output formats – it’s all there!
· But you get much more than that – on the way you learn about the impact of lens manufacture, auto focus, sensor construction, RAW demosaicing, comparison of different raw converters, deriving masks using a range of techniques in Photoshop, the causes of noise & how to reduce it in images and much, much more.
· The author has included a Lightroom catalogue, exercise files & a set of Photoshop actions so that you can try out the techniques on the same images used in the training videos.
· The follow up that’s available is second to none. You can contact the author at any time by ‘phone, email or even arrange one-to-one sessions with him.
I thoroughly recommend this set of training videos.